The Mount Calvary Holy Church of Deliverance was founded in 1971 in Washington, DC under the leadership of Elder Emerson L. Brockington, Sr. The late Bishop E. D. Brockington first opened Mt. Calvary on 7th Street, NW, before the great fire of the 60’s which forced them to relocate at 1618 8th Street, NW, Washington, D. C.
By 1987 the growing congregation had accumulated sufficient building funds (while holding services in Brandywine, Maryland) to build our present facility located at 5900 Chillum Place NE, Washington, DC, 20011.
In June of 1987, Elder Emerson Lee Brockington, Sr. was consecrated Bishop of the Holy Churches of Deliverance. He then presided over churches in North Carolina, Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
Under the leadership of Bishop E.D. Brockington, the church added numerous new auxiliaries to become increasingly responsive to the growing congregation and dynamics of the community.